Thursday, October 4, 2007

Microwaves & "no-poo"

10.2.07

I just went through the kitchen. I threw away anything with MSG in it. I also tossed anything that had an ingredient I couldn’t pronounce. With the exception of a few granola bars and some chips. The family can finish them off but I won’t be buying anymore.

Interestingly – I also tossed the microwave. Well, I put it in the garage. Under blankets so nobody will find it. I’m just going to tell them I gave it away. And if we can get used to living without it, which I’m sure we can, then I’ll give it away. But just in case hubster gets upset, I want it available. I shouldn’t though, I should just pack it up and deliver it. Cooking with micro waves, who are we kidding?! We might as well just inject our loved ones with cancer cells. No more for my family. They are not going to like this. They are going to be really upset with me. What do I do? How do I cope? How do live the old lifestyle when I know it’s wrong?

Oh, last week I went through the bathroom too. I tossed all my products. EVERYTHING. No more shampoo, toothpaste, deodorant, perfume, nothing, it’s all gone. I’m using a rock for my deodorant and sea salt for toothpaste, though I have some natural powder coming in the mail. I’ve gone “no-poo” on my hair. And it feels surprisingly wonderful. Actually it has more body and feels better. It doesn’t seem to smell. Except yesterday I used too much (50/50) vinegar in the rinse. I’m using coconut oil and honey on the ends of my hair for moisture and washing it with water and rinsing with apple cider vinegar.

Oh, I tossed all my make-up – all of it! I only kept a couple tiny bottles of perfume I bought in Bermuda, but only as a keepsake. I already had a bottle of patchuli oil that I’m keeping for my perfume now.

I made the boys coffee with steamed soymilk this morning. But I think I’m finally ready to get rid of it. I’m not sure what to do with it though. It was expensive. I’m surprised I’ve gotten to this point that I’m okay with not having an espresso machine. I’ve had one over 10 years. What do I do with it? There is, still, a teeny, tiny part of me that wants to keep it but I know I can’t ever use it myself and keeping it out on the counter is kinda torturous to me.


Here’s a thought.

What if everyone freaks out about the stupid microwave? What if hubster can’t deal with me changing? What do I do? Do I back down and let them have it? I don’t want the thing in my house!

Reasons why I no longer want a microwave in the house.
a) A microwave oven creates radio waves at a frequency of about 2.45 GHz [2, 3]. All radio waves are electromagnetic radiation.

b) Kills 98% of the nutrients in the food by rearranging, stretching and ionizing the molecules!!! Cooking on a stovetop just overheats them (thus killing a good portion but not near as many as a microwave) but does not rearrange them.

PLEASE CHECK OUT THIS LINK: http://www.newstarget.com/021895.html