Sunday, October 28, 2007

Raw Tomato Basil Soup

When in Sedona for the Raw Spirit Fest we ate at D'lish, my first and only raw food restaurant. I had a tomato basil soup there that was amazing.

Today, I was craving the soup pretty bad - so I made this recipe up, just out of my head. It's pretty close and really surprised me at how great it was. So here it is for everyone.

TOMATO BASIL SOUP

6 med tomatoes
6 basil leaves
1 avocado
1 celery stalk
3 cloves garlic
juice of 1 lime
1/4 C or so of olive oil
1 Tbs of Nama Shoya
1 tsp or so of oregano
dash of cayenne
salt and pepper to taste

Mix up in food processor in short bursts. I like how they served it at D'lish, not a pureed soup but smoother than guacamole.

Good Luck and hope you like the soup. If you have any comments - please post them!