Monday, December 24, 2007

Christmas foods and thoughts

So this holiday I'm not trying to replicate what the rest of my family is eating. I learned my lesson on Thanksgiving.

Christmas Eve
  • My family is having my famous chili and my mom's oyster stew, cheese, crackers and lots of wine. My middle son is making a pound cake with white frosting and crushed candy canes. I think my niece is bringing a Heath chocolate cake.
  • I am having my Tomato Basil Soup and Carmel Macadamia nut pie. Oh, I'm also going to juice some red grapes and apples.
  • I'm fixing for everyone sliced pears wrapped in baby swiss cheese, arugula and prosciutto. I will fix a few without the cheese and ham for myself. EASY!
Christmas Day
  • We are going to my in-laws so I don't have to cook. I'm bringing a raw lasagna for myself and my sister-in-law who is a junk food vegetarian but I think she'll like it anyway. I'll take my left over pie too.