Thursday, January 10, 2008

Curried Coconut Soup

My first raw book purchase was Living Cuisine by Renee Loux Underkoffler. And I tried many recipes but found out quite quickly I'm not fond of soups. But now, months later with a new set of taste buds, I've found that I LOVE soups!!!

Here is one of my favorites of Renee's:

Curried Coconut Soup

2 C young coconut meat
2 C fresh coconut water
1 C fresh orange juice
1/2 avocado
1 Clove garlic
1 Tbs minced fresh ginger
3 soft dates
2 Tbs curry
2 Tbs Nama shoyu
pinch cayenne (I used a lot more)
1 tsp sea salt
1/2 C chopped cilantro (didn't have any)
2 Tbs chopped fresh basil
1 1/2 C diced tomatoes
1 1/2 C sliced crimini or shitake mushrooms (I used portabello)

Blend everything except tomato, mushroom, basil, and cilantro and mix them in by hand.

WOW! It's Just Amazing!!