Tuesday, February 5, 2008

Blackberry Ice "Cream" and other stuff

Raw food has done it again! I'm about 90% back to normal. My elbows and wrists still ache but honestly, that's pretty normal. I still have a crick in my neck and right shoulder but that has more to do with falling asleep with my head propped up on my great dane than the RA or Fibro.

Yesterday I spent a good portion of the day watching Danial Vitalis' videos on YouTube and researching elixers. I actually had some organic Pau D'Arco, Cats Claw and Horsetail. So I simmered a bunch of it in a big pot of water all day. I'm simmering it again today then I'll do something with it, not sure what. Our water is not spring water. But it is directly from our own well, which just happens to be above the Ogallala Aquifer. The best I could do. I just wish it didn't have to go through the nasty old piping to get to my faucet. We've been meaning to change it all out to copper but we just haven't done it yet.

Last night I made a batch of blackberry raw ice "cream". I surprised myself! Here's the recipe

1 C macadamia and cashews, soaked overnight
1 C water
3/4 C agave
dash Himalayan salt
Blended these to silky smooth. And added
2 C frozen organic blackberries
1/2 soft vanilla bean, scraped, not the pod
Blended these well, but left a few tiny chunks.

Okay, I'm ready to break ground on the greenhouse! I wish the weather was as ready as I. Really, did it HAVE to snow again yesterday?! I'm getting sick of winter. I finally got my big mac back but it's not working right. $400 and you'd think they'd fixed it but no. I think I may be able to get it to scan so I can get the drawing online for everyone to see. Then maybe someone will have some input on if I'm going in the right direction!

In the meantime, going to Flordia for a week will just have to do ;-)