Tuesday, March 11, 2008

Me: Before and After RAW

















So, here are my "before" and "after" pictures. I went RAW on May 7, 2007. This "after" photo is of me, today, March 11, 2008.

  • BEFORE: This picture was taken Nov. 2006. I actually got another 20-30 lbs heavier than this but believe me I didn't allow anyone to take a picture of me! I averaged 225, sometimes I'd hit 235 sometimes I'd starve myself for weeks to get down to 215. I remember those jeans I was wearing in the photo, they were a size 20 and the shirt was an XXL. I was unhappy and disgusted with myself but even more importantly I was almost always in constant pain. I was on 5 different prescribed medications 4 were for the RA and Fibro. Methotrexate, methoprednazone, mobic, some sort of stomach meds because the mobic was eating my stomach and I was wearing an estrogen patch.
  • AFTER: I'm 135-140 now. I wear either an 8 or 10 depending on the brand and I wear a medium shirt. My feet have also shrunk a size. I feel amazing! I'm no longer on ANY medications. I'm not even wearing the estrogen patch. My RA and Fibro are mostly gone. The pain is gone but sometimes, like today, my joints will be sore but a couple ibuprophen will fix that.
I hadn't always been that overweight. I'm 5'8" and in college I was probably 125. As an adult after children I was usually 160 except for awhile in 1994-6 when I got down to 140. After my hysterectomy in 2000 and I had to start wearing an estrogen patch my weight slowly started going up. I was on the Atkins Diet for a few years and managed to keep my weight stable but after all the health problems that diet gave me I ended up eating SAD (standard American diet) again. And then when the RA hit and they put me on steroids, well, nothing stopped the weight gain after that. And I'm sure the more weight I gained the more my joints hurt.

It truly believe that doctors and prescription medications made me sick and that raw, organic foods cured me. Physically, emotionally, spiritually.