Sunday, March 16, 2008

My Raw Food Woes & Starting a Juice FEAST

Before going on vacation last month I was feeling pretty damn amazing! I'd been 99-100% raw vegan since September and 90-100% raw since May 2007.

While on vacation I fell into a black hole. First off, I found cooked vegan food and it tasted good. Then because of all the cooked vegetarian meals available at every restaurant in Florida, I also found that "full" feeling that I hadn't felt or needed to feel for months. After coming home I've been 95% raw I guess. I find myself nibbling a bite of (gasp) mac n' cheese, salmon, bread, non-raw salad dressings and real mashed potatoes. I always feel physically poorly within minutes, sometimes extremely sick for the remainder of the day. Then for 24-48 hours my joints will ache. So I've been trying, I have, to not eat SAD food, to be 100% raw again. And I've mostly been, but I find myself eating a ton of raw nuts and seeds to give me a "full" feeling. Which goes against how I want to feel.

My body no longer feels light and free. I feel weighed down and gross. I've made raw 'cheese'cake a couple times this past month, I'm eating a ton of nuts in everything from desserts to meals, sometimes, every meal. Amazingly, I haven't gained a pound and my joints are feeling better, as long as I stay away from SAD. But it's the gross full feeling I can't stand. Ugh, I'm just disgusted with myself right now.

So what am I going to do about it? I'm going to go on a juice feast. I don't know how long, I might last 3 days I might last 3 weeks. I just don't know. I'm hoping for a minimum of 14 days. In the meantime I'll be researching info on doing a parasite cleanse with natural herbs and who knows, I might even do a psyllium bentonite cleanse along with a few colonics. Anything to get back to that euphoric state I've felt on raw before. I'll keep a little journal on here to follow my progress.