Monday, May 26, 2008

The Garden

Wow, I didn't realize how long it had been since I posted. Spring is transforming into summer and I've been outside as much as possible it seems.

We are working on the organic garden. So far I have spinach, 3 kinds of lettuce, carrots, kale, swiss chard, fennel, zucchini, watermelon, cucumbers, 2 kinds of tomatoes and peppers all up and growing. We've also planted corn and eatable peas that are not up yet. We have a strawberry patch and just planted 4 blackberry, 3 red raspberry, 3 gold raspberry, 3 blueberry and a gooseberry bushes.

Work on the greenhouse has come to a screeching halt due to lack of funds. My husband suggested we contact HGTV or someone and see if they'll help us out.

Meanwhile, our youngest keeps wanting us to line the pit with plastic and fill with water for the summer since we're obviously not working on it.