Friday, May 2, 2008

A possible Seminar in my future?

My ONE YEAR of Being Raw is coming up May 7th and I've been thinking of ways to Celebrate.

I originally thought I'd have a little party at my house for my girlfriends and serve raw food. A lot of my friends have been interested in what I'm doing. Some have tried a few bites of raw brownie, etc. but most have no real idea what a real RAW meal could be like. So I thought about that. But the problem is that I've had parties before and even with RSVP's you never know how many will show up. I actually had a jewelry party once and 2 people showed up, 1 being my mother. Needless to say I was nearly devastated. So I'm not sure I want to go to the work of cleaning my house, making the food and then not having anyone show up.

Then I thought about something a little different. I've been thinking of 'giving back' in a way. I've been thinking of giving a free seminar at the library about The Why and How I became raw and the Basics for becoming Raw. I'd advertise it in the paper and it would be free for anyone to come and listen. I would like to bring some raw food but I'm not sure what the legalities of that would be not to mention the cost, time and energy for me to make it with the possibility of most of it going bad. I know the library sometimes serves snacks in the room I'm thinking of using but I don't know how they'd feel about my food, if it'd be any different. Also, I ran into the editor of our local paper last night and mentioned the idea to him and he thought it was a great idea and that he'd even like to do an article on me. Maybe I could get him to do it before the seminar for a little free advertising so more people would show up.

I guess I like the idea of sharing my success with others. If I could help even one or a few people learn to eat healthier even, I'd feel like I accomplished something.