Wednesday, October 22, 2008

The Raw Cowgirl has moved to TEXAS!!!

Well, it's been long enough! Finally the long summer is over, the nightmarish move across the country is over and life is trying get back to the semi-normal.

So much has happened since my last post.... I don't even know where to start.

• My family and I sold our ranch in Nebraska, dissolved our trucking company, packed up our stuff and put everything in storage. After a month or so we finally were able to move to Texas, just in time for the kids to start school. We lived in motels for about a month. Then we moved into a neighbors for another month while our house was being put up.

• We are now, finally, in our new house - with the exception of electricity. Because of the hurricanes, mostly because of Ike hitting Houston, our electric was pushed back about 8 weeks. We've been living with a generator for about 3 weeks and have a few more to go before we are actually 'living' in our house, fully.

• We packed up 11 of our horses and moved them with us, not to mention 4 dogs and 2 cats. It's been quite the learning (learning NEVER to do this again!) experience.

• During this time it was IMPOSSIBLE to remain 100% RAW. I tried so hard, but it was just impossible. Without my own kitchen, eating at restaurants everyday. Organic was not even a choice. I lived on dry white lettuce for a week and couldn't handle it anymore. I ended up eating a lot of cooked vegan. AND if I wasn't paying attention I'd get cheese on my salads and no matter how much you pick off, there is still residue. And I got sucked into the dessert thing again. Bad, bad sugar addictions!


But now I'm better. I'm not perfect yet. I'm not quite 100% raw vegan yet. I have been nearly 100% for a week though. I've been juicing and making my cacao smoothies and things are looking great. I'm feeling amazingly better. But because I'm feeling better, I also slip a little bit more easily than I did before. Like right now. I'm drinking a decaf soy latte and eating a pecan chocolate bar at a cafe where I get wireless. But if I hadn't come here to get the wireless, I wouldn't have had the latte and dessert. But I'm not beating myself up too bad. My joints (RA) is on the mend again, I can feel it. My upbeat mindset is coming back, I feel and look better everyday. So a little decaf and a little dessert now and then is not going to be the end of the world for me.

I aspire to be 100% again. But I don't know if I will attain it or if I even want to attain it again. It wasn't any fun to go out to eat with my family. It wasn't fun going to the movies and not even eating dry popcorn. Holidays were murder not enjoyable. Maybe I've grown.... maybe I've regressed... I don't know. I just know that it feels good to be 100% most of the time, but I'm feeling that it's more okay to eat a little something cooked vegetarian/vegan now and then if it makes my life more pleasant.

And I used to be so hard core RAW FOOD. Now look at me! I'd have looked down my nose at someone like me just 4 months ago.

Oh, well. Life goes on....