Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Apricot Snickerdoodles

I'm not sure where I found this recipe. I could have found it on the web or gotten at the Raw Spirit Festival in 2007. I've had it in my handwritten book of raw recipes for over a year and never made them. Well I made them recently and they are amazing! Sorry, no pictures - I ate them too fast for that.


Apricot Snickerdoodles
  • 1 C almond pulp left over from making milk
  • 1/2 C finely ground cashews (that's been soaked and dried, though I freeze mine and grind in the frozen state, works fine for me)
  • 1/2 C dried apricots that have been soaked about 15-30 minutes
  • 1-2 Tbs or 3-5 dates, whatever you have. If you use dates soak them a couple hours and then grind them up in a food processor as best as you can.
  • 1/2-1 vanilla bean, scraped
  • tiny dash salt
  • 1/2 + Tbs Cinnamon to taste
    Mix everything really well in a food processor.
  • Roll into balls then roll into a Lucuma and Cinnaman mixture and flatten.
  • Dehydrate on one side 4-6 hours, flip, dehydrate another 4 hrs.