Friday, April 24, 2009

The Ones I Love The Most

These are the Ones I Love the Most - my children. Nolan (almost 15), Eldon (11) and Austin (17). They are the main reason I went raw in the first place. Almost exactly 2 years ago I was in so much pain from the RA and Fibro that I couldn't take care of them. They got themselves ready for school, they fixed their own meals and worse than that, they took care of me. The meds I was on only doped me up, masked only some of the pain and made me more sad. I knew I had to find a cure for myself - for them.

I don't often talk about how the RA and Fibro are today. Mostly I talk about how raw I am, my struggles to stay raw, etc. I think it's important for me to say:

As much as I complain about the slight aches and pains I live with now, it is nothing compared to how I was before I went raw. I can't even begin to explain the difference. The pain, my body, my life is a complete 180 from where I was just a short 2 years ago.

Here is one very graphic description that may give you an insight as to how much I've healed.

BEFORE: Sometimes (though not everyday) the RA in my feet would be so bad that my husband would have to carry me from the bed to the bathroom because when I put weight on my feet it felt like my bones were made a glass. They would hold my weight but every step would feel like I was breaking each and every bone, over and over again with each step. By the time I'd get to the bathroom I was in tears from the pain and sadness over being so sick and I wasn't even 40 years old yet. There were many times I would lay in bed in so much pain then have a panic attack because I was terrified the RA wouldn't kill me and that I'd live to be 100 (my grandmother is alive at 103) and be in pain the whole time.

NOW: VERY SIMPLY - I had to buy all new shoes because for the first time in 8 years I can wear heels! I can dance! I can walk/run/shop/ride horses/garden/I CAN DO ANYTHING I WANT.

If there is anyone out there who has rheumatoid arthritis or fibromyalgia and want to hear more about my story - please PLEASE email me. I would be honored to share what I've learned (what worked for me) with you.