Sunday, May 17, 2009

Daikon Greens & Arugula Salad

I went to the farmer's market yesterday in Tyler. I didn't get there until minutes before noon (when they close) so I didn't have a lot to choose from. But I did manage to snag some items that I usually don't have access to.
  • Daikon Radishes with tops
  • Arugula
  • Garlic tops
  • Kale
  • Baby Red Onions
  • Eggs (for the kids)
So I made a salad! Here is the recipe:

Daikon Greens & Arugula Salad
handful of Daikon greens torn into bite size pieces
handful of Arugula torn into bite size pieces
1 big Carrot peeled into strips
1 Daikon radish spirilized
4 baby Red Onions finely chopped
2 Garlic greens finely chopped

I couldn't decide what to make for a dressing. I'm not completely happy with this recipe as I'm trying to get away from using Braggs or Nama Shoyu but here's the recipe as I made it last night.

Dressing
Juice of 2 Lemons
4 Tbs Nama Shoyu or Braggs
4 Tbs Olive Oil
2 heaping Tbs of grated Ginger
Agave to taste

I was amazed at how good it was! I will be making this again and again. But I do want to tweak the dressing. Maybe raw miso to give it the salty taste or possibly seaweed.