Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Day 5 of Master Cleanse

9:23 am
So I didn't wake up at 4. Well I DID but it was because I was having awful cramping from the tea. I'd put the bag in and was timing it (3 min works good for me) when my son let our dog in the house and he had been sprayed by a skunk. Since I'm out of the bought stuff I immediately got on the Internet and found a remedy that surprise, surprise worked.
Here is the Skunk Spray Remedy: 32 oz 3% hydrogen peroxide, 1 box baking soda and a couple tablespoons Dr. Bonner's soap (was supposed to use peppermint but all I had was lavender). It really worked!
However by dealing with the dog my tea steeped for at least 10 min. I did pour out 1/3 and refill with hot water but it was still tough on me. I was also sick to my stomach this morning, again. So I waited until 5:30 then I started my salt flush. I wasn't very awake and used 1 Tbs instead of a teaspoon so I just used the 1 Tbs. Results were not as drastic as 2 Tbs that's for sure but still did the trick. Now I feel much MUCH better. Guess I'm just going to have to deal with getting up early. I feel so much better than yesterday or this morning, it's just necessary.

Made my lemonade per the original directions this morning and it's hot again. I think I'll up the cayenne a little more tomorrow again.

I'm still back at my start weight. Weird. I immediately lost 5 lbs the first two days then gained it back. I think it's water weight or possibly from the maple syrup is being weird to my system. Don't know.

6:23 pm
Today went well. I wasn't hungry and I felt fine. Actually better than fine now that I think about it. Hum. I just realized my elbows don't hurt. I typed quite a bit at work today and my hands don't hurt at all. All my joints are fine - better than fine! YEA!

My joint pain from the RA was the original reason I wanted to do this cleanse.
Second reason was to get rid of some of the bad eating habits I'd gotten into.
But I have to admit to being a little vain, I was hoping to lose 10-20 lbs. I have gained 15 since moving to Texas and I was really looking forward to getting back to where I was 6 months ago. I'd originally lost 80 lbs down to 140 but after being raw for a year it had stabilized at 145. Since Christmas I've been stuck on 160 without even a tiny budge either way. My husband says that's where my body must like to be. I say, "Body, if you know what's good for you, you'd better lose that 10 lbs!" Besides I have more clothes in a size 8 than 10. Or at least that's my reasoning.