Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Day 6 of Master Cleanse

6:50 am
I got to bed around 10:45 last night and woke up at 4 am to cramps. Anyone with an autoimmune disease and/or chronic fatigue or fibromyalgia will tell you a lot (and I mean a lot) of sleep is a big part of feeling good everyday. I've learned over the years I need a lot of sleep so I kept hitting snooze and didn't take my SWF until 5:40. I'm now filling a hot bath to soak. I awoke to my hands a little swollen and my elbows achy. My belly feels bloated too. I don't know what's going on with me. According to what I've read in the book and on the internet I'm doing everything perfect. The lemonade is made exact to the book, the SWF is made exact, I'm not cheating in any way. The only thing I can think of is that I'm not drinking a ton of extra water. I've blogged about this before but the water at work and at home are both fluoridated/chlorinated and I won't drink water from single serve bottles (waste reasons). I have been making my lemonade from large bottled water (the cooler type) because it's the only way to get water that doesn't taste like PVC in my house. I guess I could buy water and take to work and drink it. I am drinking 6-8 servings of lemonade.

Any suggestions anyone?

I just don't feel much different. I'm not losing pounds or even inches. I am having some trouble with my hypoglycemia (I feel shaking at points during the day). I have this feeling my problems stem from the maple syrup.

4:45 pm
I've felt pretty great all day. Hardly any aches or pains this afternoon. I've also realized I haven't had a headache in a few days. Nice!
I haven't felt hungry. Except for when a co-worker poped popcorn and I could smell it on the other side of the building. That was one of the little things I started cheating on in the past 6 months. Not movie popcorn but I would pop organic in olive oil and dust with celtic sea salt and dried oregano. I even got my kids to like it this way. But I'm fine now. Actually it smelled good as I was following the smell but once I got to her office the smell was overpowering and nearly sickening. Interesting. That reminds me of yesterday. I was driving down the road and all the sudden I got a whif of, for lack of a better description, boiled blood. I thought I was going to be sick right then and there in the car. Come to find out I'd just drove by a Whataburger. And my husband and kids love that place.... Gross.

I have a big meeting in my office at 9 tomorrow so I'm going to have to wake up at 4:30 to drink the SWF. I will have to go to bed early tonight or else this isn't going to work. Bets are I don't get to bed though with running my son to swim practice and then dinner and dishes and one last post. We'll see.

8:50 pm
When I got home at 8 tonight I was just exhausted. I'm tired of getting up at 4. I'm tired of sitting on the toilet for 2 hours every morning. I'm just tired. So I'm in bed and as soon as I finish this I'm going to sleep. No tea to wake me up with cramps and I'm not going to do the salt flush tomorrow because I'm not getting up early and I'm not going to be late for my own meeting. I drank only 6-7 servings today plus a couple glasses of water.