Sunday, May 17, 2009

More reflections of the MC

Yesterday (Sat.) was awful. I went to bed fairly early Friday, I was just exhausted. Woke up at 4am, 6:30 and 8:30. Each time when I awoke I felt awful. Weak, tired, dizzy, groggy almost like I was hungover. At 8:30 I got up to go to the restroom and actually PASSED OUT on the bathroom floor.

I am so upset about the MC! I really thought it was supposed to help me! I thought it would cure me! I'd heard and read all these amazing testimonies about how much it had helped them.

Yet the MC only made my hypoglycemia worse.

And that's not all. There is something that happened about day 4 that I hadn't blogged about but I'm going to tell you now. Sometime during Day 4 of the Master Cleanse I came down with vaginitis! Ugh! I haven't had to deal with that in... years on the raw lifestyle!!! I didn't put the two together until yesterday when the symptoms started going away. I didn't do anything special, I just started eating 100% raw again.

Very basically here is what the Master Cleanse did for me:

Pros:
  1. I am now (again) 100% dedicated to a 100% raw food lifestyle!!!
  2. It shrunk my stomach so I'm not wanting to stuff myself anymore.
  3. The salt water flush and Smooth Move teas DID clean out my colon!
  4. It DID get rid of cravings for those "bad" foods like bread and sweets.
Cons:
  1. It brought my hypoglycemia back after 2 years of being raw.
  2. I got vaginitis for the first time since being raw.
  3. I didn't lose any weight.
  4. I retained water.
  5. It didn't help my rheumatoid arthritis.
  6. It didn't help my fibromyalgia.

My overall thoughts about the Master Cleanse? Maybe hardcore SAD eaters like my family would benefit from it. However for someone who has been raw for a time and has symptoms similar to mine, I personally, with my experience would not recommend it.