Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Days 1, 2, 3 & 4 of 80/10/10

So far 80/10/10 hasn't been difficult at all. My only difficulty is actually eating as much as I'm supposed to. It's hard to eat that much fruit in one day. I have noticed a huge benefit of eating this way. I'm not having to force myself to drink water. This is a big deal for me. All summer I've been dealing with not getting enough liquids (you girls know what I mean). But with all this fruit and hardly any fats or nuts I'm getting plenty. YEA!

Just a recap of what I've eaten.

Day 1
Salad with grapes and 6 walnuts topped with blended raspberries and cucumber
1/2 ave. watermelon
Bananas
Tomatoes wrapped in spinach leaves dipped in lemon juice

Day 2
Other 1/2 ave. watermelon, mangos, grapes, celery, lettuce.... it was Sunday and I grazed all day. I know it was all good just don't remember exactly.

Day 3
Breakfast: 4 banana smoothie with 1/2 pint blueberries and 1 1/2 c water and 3 macadamia nuts. Don't know why I put them in, habit I guess. No agave, no vanilla... and it was wonderful. Huge amount! but wonderful.
Lunch: Huge baby greens salad with lemon juice (I did cheat a little and sprinkled with curry powder - I'm not upset, I'll get better). Then I had 2 mangos with large cucumber chopped in a bowl and spritzed with lime juice.
Snack: grapes
Appitzer an hour before dinner: 2 bananas with 4 pecans
Dinner: 1/2 small avocado mixed with 3 tomatoes, juice of 1 lemon and dash of cayenne. I ate this with slices of a huge cucumber.
Dessert: blueberries

I know I should have eaten more fruit but I was so full!

So far Today (day 4) :
Breakfast: 1 whole cantelope
Lunch: head of butter lettuce topped with 3 mangos.