Thursday, October 29, 2009

Surprised at the Detox

Okay, maybe I'm NOT surprised I'm detoxing. I haven't been 100% raw the past few months and my body has paid the price. Yet... I didn't expect that little headache yesterday afternoon to hang on all evening, through the entire night and up until now. There's a lesson in here somewhere, I'm sure.

Last night I made myself this wonderful salad of noodled carrots, zucchini, red peppers and mushrooms. Only a dressing of heirloom tomato, lemon juice, olive oil, curry powder and a dash of salt was all it needed to be amazing.

This morning I had two bananas that just had to be ate so I blended them with a few almonds and a half bag of frozen mango. Wasn't quite my normal mango lassie since I added mesquite powder, the rest of my coconut cream and skipped the cardamom. It was pretty amazing.

Lunch today, not tasting so great. I spirilized a carrot, zucchini, chopped half an avo and a handful of mushrooms into a curry, oil and lemon dressing tossed with basil and thyme. The herbs completetly overpowered the dish and I'm having a difficult time eating it. I did bring a cup of coconut cream (the last bit) and stirred in some raw cocao chi mix I've had for awhile but never used. Now that is good.

Tonight I want to make raw lasagna but my joints are not feeling much better yet and the tomato in my salad last night was probably enough for the week. So I'm thinking carrot curry soup or something easy since it's TV night at my house and I promised the boys meatloaf.

Yesterday afternoon I stopped by the Granery, originally for a kombucha but I bought something non-raw instead. I bought Black cherry juice concentrate for my RA. I know, I know it's not raw. But I can't find fresh cherries and even if I did I don't think I could eat enough to make a difference since I don't actually like cherries. Weird, huh? It's organic but since it's concentrate I know it's, well, bad. At the moment though, I'm just trying to get rid of the RA symptoms.