Wednesday, November 11, 2009

I miss my Fuzzy Wuzzy :(

As my tattoo is healing it is going through the typical process of burning, swelling, itching, etc. It's constant irritation is also a constant reminder of the pain I've been feeling in my heart.

Today on the way to work I saw a woman in her pj's leaning over the fence and loving on her horse with a cup of coffee in the other hand. The scene was so similar to so many days over the past six years. Seeing that woman in her pj's, focused solely on her horse, well, that did it. I've been holding off the tears for more than a week by just not thinking of her and by focusing on the words on my wrist, not the soul that they represent.

My Fuzzy Wuzzy is gone and I miss her terribly. As I'm typing this I'm crying. I think a part of me has been in denial. I keep looking out into the pasture waiting to see her. I miss my girl, my little Fuzzy Wuzzy... my daughter.