Friday, December 11, 2009

Holiday meals... help!

The last two years of being raw I've fixed myself raw lasagna for Christmas. Well, I made it for Thanksgiving this year and it was good as usual. But I'm tired of it. I'm tired of raw alfredo sauce over zucchini noodles with wilted spinach. I'm tired of guacamole. I'm tired of all the typical/normal raw meals. This is a special holiday for me. It's my last Christmas with all my boys-still boys. My oldest graduates in the spring and will be going farther away for college. My middle son will be at my ex's in Nebraska next year and I may send my youngest to my parents. This is my last big blow out family Christmas. I've got lots of the boys favorite foods planned for them but I also want something a little special. Yet I don't want to waste a bunch of money on something I end up not liking the taste of. I've got several raw recipe books and of course access to all the websites, but I don't have time or the money to find something that I might like. Can anyone out there help me with a killer recipe?

Here's my "Wish List" for a holiday meal recipe:
  • I don't want to have to dehydrate anything, though it wouldn't kill me.
  • I'm not a fan of nut "meats" though a little is okay.
  • It's got to be fairly fast and easy.
  • Ingredients have to be fairly common, nothing I have to order off internet. I will be going to Whole Foods next week.