Monday, April 26, 2010

Best Ever Raw Chocolate Shake and our "spring storm"

Holy Shit! I just made my best Chocolate Shake EVER! :)

ALETA'S BEST CHOCOLATE SHAKE EVER

water of 1 young coconut
5 dates
small handful of each almond, cashew and a little less hemp
1/4 tsp vanilla powder (also from The Raw Food World)
1 tsp Lucuma
2 tsps+ of Truly Raw Cacao Powder
Ice and Viola!

Now.... I don't know if it was just the perfect mix of ingredients or because it was the first time I used "Truly Raw Cacao Powder" from The Raw Food World. Either way.... YUMMY!

On other news - Sorry I haven't posted in awhile. I've been quite the mess actually. Yes, I've been pretty damn good with raw but my neck has really giving me severe pain for over a month. It's finally lessened but now my left knee decided to go on vacation. For a week now I've had awful pain above and under my knee cap along with the issue that I can't support my own weight with that leg/knee anymore. Getting up from gardening (or the toilet for that matter) requires me to use pretty much only my right leg muscles as my left knee just can't do it. It's somewhere between too painful and just flat unable to get the job done. I'm a non-doctor type of person but between my neck and my left knee I'm seriously considering it. I just don't know who to go to. I've lived here almost 2 years and never been to one here. I don't know if I should find a family doctor or just go straight to a rheumatologist. Either way I'm not happy about the prospect of dealing with a doctor who wont understand I don't do drugs. I just want to make sure I'm not injuring myself more by continuing to LIVE. Ya know?

Friday night our little ranch was hit by a huge storm. Some locals said it was just winds (of up to 90 mile and hour!) but I grew up in Nebraska and when it sounds like a train is heading your way, you see limbs breaking out of trees, crazy lightning, horses running, the kids trampoline wrapped around a pine... and then it just gone and everything is just a normal spring storm- Well, I say it was a tornado. I had a beautiful maple, at least 75 years old just twisted off at the base. It wasn't like the others around the county where they were pushed down, roots and all. My tree is a splintery mess. I'll take pictures and post later.