Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Starting from the Beginning

Today I am starting from the Beginning.  My beginning.  Back where my story, this story, originated. Nearly four years ago my health was a mess and all I wanted was to heal my rheumatoid arthritis, fibromyalgia and lose enough weight to feel good about myself.  During my search for a cure I found Andrew W. Saul, PhD,  author of Doctor Yourself, Fire Your Doctor and many other awesome books.  Here is his website:  www.doctoryourself.com    

For those of you who have known me for years or have followed my blog, you know that on May 7, 2007 I started following his recommendations for curing arthritis.... And it worked!  Within a few short weeks I felt the difference and within months I was off all my medications and had lost 40 pounds.  Eventually I lost a total of nearly 80 pounds and was a completely different person, inside and out!

Over the years I forgot about Andrew W. Saul, PhD and his recommendations.  I thought I was cured (invincible) and allowed myself the occasional cooked vegetarian meal at restaurants out with my family and co-workers. At first it didn't effect me but eventually I got 'hooked' on cooked vegetarian foods including breads and sugars.  Then, as we know, even being a raw foodist became difficult and I ended up here, 40 pounds overweight and all the pain and stiffness of my diseases back in full force. 

So, today I am starting all over again.  Here is what I like to call Dr. Saul's Magic Cure


Days 1 - 8: Vegetable Juice Fast/Feast-  Drink all the vegetable juice you want.  Drink it when you're hungry, drink it when you're thirsty.  He also recommends drinking a glass of water for every glass of juice.  His favorite recipe for juicing is Carrots, Zucchini and Apple.  He does allow apple and grape but not orange or any other fruit for these eight days.

Days 9 - 11:  Very Light Eating- Transition from juicing to raw foods with fruit, simple salads and more juices.

Days 12 - 21: Raw Food- Eat all the Raw Foods and drink all the Juices you want.

REPEAT - And Life will be good!

Now, here is the most important thing that I learned about following Dr. Saul's recommendations;  you MUST REPEAT and CONTINUE.  Sure, you can obviously go weeks, months and even years after you've "cured" yourself and still feel good and be healthy but if you just stop... then everything does, eventually, come back. 

Oh, and for those of you following me, I currently weigh 184 pounds and woke up super stiff and sore this morning.  Yesterday I went to Whole Foods Store in Dallas for a shopping cart full of zucchini, cucumbers, carrots, dandelion greens, parsley, celery, beets, romaine lettuce, ginger root and apples.

This morning I juiced 12 carrots, 1 med. zucchini, 1 big cucumber, handful each of parsley, kale, romaine lettuce, 2 inches ginger root and 2 apples.  It's gotten me through half the day and I'll probably juice again at least one more massive amount or two serving sizes.  

Back on the Ranch                                         Belle (Miss Doc Otoe Bell) a 2000 AQHA is due with her third foal the end of this week.  She was bred to Docs Smart Fox of Fox Crest Farms in Quitman, Texas.  He is a sorrel stud out of Champion cutting horse, Smart N Slick. This cross will make for a foal with 19% Doc O'lena AND 19% Doc Bar blood and will have a 50% chance of being gray like her mommy :)

Oh and the thought for the day.... Cowboys aren't easy to love and even harder to hold (but they are, oh, so worth it! :)