Sunday, May 15, 2011

Several weeks ago I broke down and purchased Dan "The Man" McDonald's Lose 1 Pound A Day The Healthy Way video.  It took it's time to get here and when it eventually came in the mail I then forgot it under a pile of junk mail.

Monday, May 9th, right I wrote my post on depression I found the video hiding under a pile of junk mail on the dining room table.  I popped it in my computer and watched, maybe a third of it.  Honestly, just the first third.  The answer I've been looking for to feeling better was right there in the first ten minutes.

Now, I already knew the answer but I just needed someone like him to remind me, and to remind me in such a positive and caring way.  The answer to all my problems; my depression, my weight, and most importantly my disease.  Don't eat fat.  Just eat fruits and vegetables.  End of story. Yes, it's that simple.

The rest of his video, that I have watched, he gives the reasons why, how to go about doing it and many recipes for fat free salad dressings and other meals.   I still haven't watched the entire thing and already I was excited and surprisingly.... positive and hopeful.

All of this could be breakfast tomorrow!
So this past Monday evening I quit eating fats, all fats except a bit of avocado blended with cucumber and spinach to use as a dressing on salads.  And I've been really, really good!  I keep thinking about how happy and positive The Life Regenerator is and it just seemed to rub off on me.  And not only have I actually lost SEVEN pounds in, yes, seven days I haven't felt hungry even once. You wouldn't believe what I've been eating.  Breakfast one morning I had 4 bananas blended with fresh coconut water and 3 dates.  One day I was in town running errands I ate a box each of blackberries and raspberries and 2 apricots. For dinner tonight I just had 2 large cucumbers shredded in my Oster with 2 carrots and 3 celery then topped with a third of a new dressing I just made.  The dressing was one cucumber, 1 avocado, 2 limes and 1 lemon.  I think it needs something else, maybe basil and garlic or possibly ginger root.  I've been eating three meals a day almost every day.  I'm eating a larger amount of food yet losing weight.  And I'm feeling better!  Oh, there have been nights this past week that my knees, back and neck hurt so bad I had to take a few Aleve.  I think it's because I'm detoxing again.  At least that's what I'm hoping for.   I'll let you know how the next couple weeks go.  I'm hoping to lose  enough to fit in my clothes from two summers ago.  I don't even care what that weight is as long as I can wear all the clothes in my closet.

After I lose the weight I will start bringing some fats back into my diet.  Good fats like coconut, avocado, hemp, hemp seed oil and other oils.  I'm not sure about olive oil though.  I'm thinking I became so dependent on it as a salad dressing I couldn't eat a salad with just lemon juice anymore. I don't want to get to that point again so we'll see how I feel about olive oil.