Friday, August 12, 2011

Raw Pie Recipe- Preview!

A long time friend of mine recently started a blog Vintage Violet Mama.  As she is a fellow foodie, although not raw, I decided I'd post this recipe in honor of her new blog.  The woman is just a little obsessed with lavender which I completely understand as I love it in food and drink as well. 

Though there is this one flavor of GT's Organic Raw Kombucha that I just can't help but think tastes like bathwater because it has lavender. Flavor? See photo and caption below.

Once when reading of her cooking escapades with lavender on facebook I got a bit jealous and took to my own kitchen. This was the result of that day.  I've tweaked the original into this final simple recipe that will be in my upcoming  ebook so think of it as a sneak peak into what lies ahead!


a truly Rawesome! 
Lemon Lavender Pie  

CRUST
Use your favorite raw crust or wait until my ebook comes out and use my
Vanilla Crunch Crust as seen in the photo.

FILLING
Meat of two young Tahitian coconuts
Juice and zest of one organic lemon
1 C really raw organic cashews, soaked 6 hours
1/2 C Coconut oil (I use Nativa brand)
1 Tbs raw organic vanilla powder
1 Tbs organic Lavender
1/4 C organic raw Honey (or to taste)
dash sea salt
Blend all the above ingredients in a Vita-Mix or similar high power blender till nice and silky smooth. Top with a bit more lavender and zest of another lemon if you wish.
Refrigerate overnight or set in fridge a few hours. 

I personally love this pie because of the contrasting crumbly vanilla crust and it's creamy and delicate yet memorable flavor. If using pre-packaged  lavender you might need to use more lavender. I've always used fresh dried from my garden so it's pretty potent.


Botanic No. 3, I'm so sorry you taste like cold bathwater!