Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Taking a New Road

For those of you who follow my blog you may have seen a post last week about my blog's upcoming 4th Anniversary.  You may have also noticed that the aforementioned post is now gone.  I had plans on handmaking some things and giving them away but just like any "Spoonie" will know, you shouldn't count on being healthy tomorrow, next week, or any other day for that matter.

Due to unforeseen stress around the ranch I came down with a major flare.  Said flare then proceeded to piss me off, because I'd been oh so good being 100% raw, that the stress from getting the flare from the ranch stress caused my flare to reach new levels of 'bad'.  This increase in symptoms was then followed by more stress from a bad hay deal and threats to me of being charged with felony theft by stopped check (for said moldy rotten hay). Long story short, I still have the hay but they are coming to pick it up any day thanks to our local county ag extension agent coming to my rescue to certify that the hay was actually unfeedable. 

Unfortunately all this stress nearly put me on my back in bed.  I would have been if it wouldn't have been so painful to lay still for so long.  Well, that and the fact I have teenagers who need picked up and delivered and re-picked up multiple times a day. 

During this time I was and have been between 98-100% raw vegan.  I've been good! I swear!  But it's just not helping much anymore.  I don't know why.  I know I haven't been juicing enough and possibly having too many raw cacao smoothies but they are my comfort food now.


Sometimes the right path is as clear as.... well, this.  Not so clear after all.

So I decided to go back to the drawing board so to speak.  I went back to Andrew Saul's recommendations and while reviewing them I realized that the answer was right in front of me.  Okay, it was on my nightstand.  The Gerson Therapy.

Dr. Max Gerson saved/cured numerous people from all sorts of disease including most cancers.  His daughter, Charlotte Gerson is now following in her father's footsteps and has published several books, dvd's, and more about healing with the Gerson Therapy.  Last week I started to re-read her book "Healing The Gerson Way" and it inspired me to try it.  Or at least as close as I can on the limited budget I have. 

Today is Day 1 of my Gerson Journey and to be honest it's been a whirlwind of a day. Lets just say that juicing every hour on the hour and 3 full meals a day with 3 enemas is a lot of work. I knew that up front but really it is a lot more than I expected.  That being said, I'm on a time crunch and have to juice RIGHT NOW and then run to get a kid from school, run back and have another coffee enema and juice.  After that I will then have a few hours of peace and quiet before dinner and a chamomile enema.

A quick note:  I feel normalish.  I'm of course sore and tired and most of my joints and muscles hurt-as normal during a flare.  However the headache that started an hour ago is a bit new.  Sure I get them now and then but this one I can feel is different.  It's not a muscles/tension headache from my neck and shoudlers it's a full on between the eyes kind of head ache.  Just shy of a migraine.  Whopee! Let the detox begin.