Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Day 14 of Gerson Therapy

So this is going to be a quick post but I wanted to keep you up to date as to what I'm up to.

Today is Day 14 of being on the Gerson Therapy.  Well, my version of the Gerson Therapy.  I can't afford all the supplements and it's taking most of my money just to buy the organics for the juice and the Hippocrates Soup.  But I am doing it the best that I can.

I'm juicing 8-10 times a day, 1C at a time, about every hour.  I'm eating oatmeal with water and honey for breakfast and 8-12 oz of Hippocrates Soup every lunch and dinner with a salad at lunch and lightly cooked veggies at night.  Plus all the fruit I want. The only oil or fat I'm eating is 1 Tbs of Flaxseed oil once or twice a day. I'm also taking 50 mg of Niacin 5 times a day when I remember. Then there are the 2 coffee and 1 chamomile enemas.

At first I lost 5 pounds but it came back over the weekend when I cheated.... of course.  My husband came home for the first time in two months and we ate out only twice and I was good but it kicked in my sugar and bread habit again and it took a few days to get off the breads again.

I've been feeling, overall, like crap.  I believe the fibromyalgia has improved considerably but the RA has gotten worse.  I'm pretty sure it is just from the healing reaction of the major detoxing my body has been going through.  I started feeling better after I ate some bread when Ron was home which is from the slowing down of the detoxing.  Sure, it was organic pumpernickel and wow was it good but overall, not worth it.

I'm not sure what to think of what I'm doing.  I feel strange eating lightly cooked vegetables.  I feel like a huge cheater eating hot organic veggie soup twice a day.   But at the same time I feel like I'm starting to actually detox.

Which brings me to wonder what being on a high raw vegan diet really did for me.  If I had been just eating fruit and vegetables I think I'd have been healthy and happy all along.  But I added raw soaked nuts, nut mylks, cacao, raw superfood powder smoothies and lots and lots of coconut butter.  Did any or all of those items somehow aggregate my healing?  Because without them it's obvious I started to detox and heal again.  So which of those "comfort" raw items was it that stopped my healing? 

I do know that SALT is or at least for me, has become my Number One Aggravator.  I can't have even the tiniest dash or the fibromyalgia flares within HOURS. Then by the next day my hand and feet joints are hot and swollen again with the RA.  Salt is the devil.  The Gerson Therapy has that one dead to rights.