Sunday, June 10, 2012

Applied Kinesiology Mushroom Cacao Smoothie

As I'm writing this I'm enjoying a raw cacao smoothie with.... of all things, powdered mushrooms! (Click on the links in the recipe for the health benefits of each of the powdered mushrooms.)  I normally wouldn't think of using mushrooms in a breakfast smoothing but I decided to use applied kinesiology to create a smoothie that would be most useful for my body today.

Okay, I've thrown a couple new thoughts at you today :)  Lets start with the "applied kinesiology" I'm no expert but here is a few links that should get you going. www.appliedkinesiology.com  www.humblewellness.com  (Please don't read the Wikipedia definition or anything that has the words "quack or phony" in the description, this is just big business and the government trying to keep us all dumbed down like sheep in my opinion.  Try it. Think for Yourself.  Believe what YOU believe, not what you are brainwashed to "think".) Okay, now that you have a better idea of what I'm talking about you might be wondering...

 

How do I use applied kinesiology to choose 

which foods or ingredients are best for my body today? 

It's really quite easy and simple.  First, stand with your feet together and relax your knees.  Hold the food item that you are about to eat in front of you at about your solar plexus and just touching.  Close your eyes and ask your body if it needs this food today.  The majority of people's bodies will lean  forward for a "Yes" response and conversely it will lean backward for a "No" response. If you lean to either side that is usually a "maybe" or "optional" type response. The amount of sway differs on many factors including the person and the need of the body for that particular item.  Usually if I get a big sway I'll add more of that item.

Here is a great article on a different approach to using applied kinesiology in choosing foods at www.livestrong.com

And finally here is the crazy recipe my body decided it needed for a breakfast smoothie today.

Yummy, Protein filled GOJI BERRIES :)
  • 2 C freshly made Almond "milk"
  • 2 Tbs Raw Cacao
  • 1 Tbs Goji Berries
  • 1 Tbs Flax Seeds
  • 1 Tbs local raw Honey
  • 1 tsp Maca
  • 1 tsp Ashwaganda
  • 1 tsp Merlin's Roots Elixir
  • 1 tsp Coconut sugar
  • 1/2 tsp local Bee Pollen
  • 1/4 tsp Cinnamon
  • 1/4 tsp He Shou Wu
  • 1/4 tsp each of Shiitaki (also here), Reishi, and Changa mushroom powder
  • a dash of Stevia powder
  • a dash of Himalayan Sea Salt
  • 4 drops LiquiKelp
  • 50 mg of DHEA

It's surprisingly pretty great.  I usually add vanilla powder to everything but I got a HUGE sway backwards.  Maybe I'm using too much vanilla (if that's possible).  I wasn't even going to make a cacao smoothie today but you can't (or at least shouldn't) argue with your body or the Antioxidant rating of raw cacao powder. I was  also intending to take my normal vitamins for the day that includs 3 pills I take everyday for menopause/hot flash support but my body didn't want them today either.  Hum.... Interesting...

Oh, and don't forget to click on the links in the recipe about each of the powdered mushroom's benefits.  They are pretty amazing and there are more than just those 3 types of powdered mushrooms that are healthy and beneficial.  Do some research if you don't know about then.  Maybe you they are something you also need to add to heal yourself and attain awesome health and wellness.
Sometimes the body knows more what we need 
than our thinking heads do.  

I try to listen. 

Do you?