Friday, June 8, 2012

Possible new business?

So, I'm moving to Fort Stockton, Texas in a few weeks.  Well, not just me but the whole family and ranch.  My husband has worked and lived in that area for the past 2.5 years and we just couldn't afford or stand living apart any longer yet his job there is too good to leave. 

I'm excited about new adventures! I'm a Sagittarius after all and travel should have been my middle name.  I'm also excited that my son will have the opportunity to try out for the high school swim team.  I'm excited that the house we will be leasing to purchase is not a trailer house but a real solid house with a Texas style metal roof and all.  Also, there is more actual acres for the horses though there won't be any grass there in the desert for them to eat.  I'm also, of course, super excited to live with my husband again <3

Annette Kohn-Lau's Reiki room  
But what does all of this have to do with a possible new business?  Well... I'm thinking of opening some sort of shop or clinic or something.  I'm not sure what exactly or how (no money for start-up).  Well, that's not exactly true.  I DO have an idea and I want to run it by ya'll and see what you think.

First off I had decided I wanted to open an Energy Healing Clinic.  I've recently become a Reiki Master and I've been doing Shamanic Journeying for myself for over 7 years.  I've started doing them for others this past year. 

Second, I really want to do something with Juicing and Elixers.  Like a Juice and Smoothie Bar. 

I just can't decide if I should do one or the other or try to somehow combine the two into one.  Shoot, I don't even know if there is a legal way I could do them in the same building.  I was kinda thinking having the juice bar open in the mornings and thru lunch then schedule energy healings after lunchtime. 

Fort Stockton Texas isn't very big. I'm thinking around 10,000 people so it's not going to be a great income producer.  I really want to do this to HELP PEOPLE more than to make a bunch of money.  Sure, I'd absolutely want to cover all my costs and make a little more to make improvements to the business as I go but monetary payment to myself isn't as important as helping people heal. 

So what do you think of my idea? Crazy?