Wednesday, March 19, 2014

February, 4th - The Beginning

Nearly 11 am, February 4th, 2014.

After I fell back to sleep I dreamed a very vivid dream which I'm not sharing here.  But there was something about that dream that made me feel sad, lost and lonely.

The past two days I've eaten poorly.  I think, no, I know that it all started because I was cold and had made a vegan stew with lentils and quinoa.  Very healthy actually.  But for some reason it propelled me into eating bad packaged foods (tortilla chips, flour tortillas) and dairy again (can you tell I live 3 hours from Mexico?)  I'd been eating raw for the previous three days before that.

This morning I awoke, sat up and read what I'd printed out and taped to the wall yesterday.

"Help me to perform whatever miracles you want of me today."

I prayed that that saying several times and then without thought just started chanting "Om Gam Ganapataye Namaha", a Hindu mantra to invoke the Lord Ganesha to remove all obstacles and blockages in my life.  I haven't chanted it in a very long time.  It just came to me from Spirit.  I cried and cried the entire time I was chanting.

And then a very clear and very loud voice or if you'd prefer, 'thought' said to me.  "40 DAYS TO HEALTH AND SPIRITUAL CLEANSING".  I saw it all laid out very clearly like it was written on a piece of paper.

HEALTH
10 days of smoothies, 20 days of juicing, 10 days of smoothies

PHYSICAL
Daily Morning Yoga and an afternoon walk, even if it's just to the mailbox and back

SPIRITUAL
Daily Meditation and Chanting

EMOTIONAL
Daily journaling to release all my pent up and nasty egotistical emotions

I looked on the calender and found it interesting that by starting today I will finish on March 15th,  the day before the March full moon.  Just five days short of the Spring Equinox and the Wicca Holiday Ostera.

So the smoothies and the juicing is not new to me.  Been there, done that for close to seven years now as I have been blogging at www.rawcowgirl.blogspot.com. But as much as I KNOW how to heal my body I've just not been doing it.  So... it looks like now I need a major reset.

As for the yoga I found this cute thing on Pinterst called Morning Yoga  and features an adorable little pencil drawn rabbit doing the yoga.  (Here's a copy of it.  When I figure out how to make widgets work I'll update it to work correctly. )

(Later) So, I just did 3 sets of these poses.  THREE SETS and my blood is pumping and my muscles feel stretched more than they've been in awhile.  I'd keep going, although I'm already winded! But my hands and wrists hurt.  To many downward dog bunny poses.  Maybe I need to find other morning yoga routines too?

(And later, again) Ok, so I found and printed off SIX more morning yoga routines.  All different.  Some are as little as 8-12 moves that need repeated 4-8 times and some have 24 poses that are only repeated 2-4 times.  I've chosen half to have little or no wrist weight to aggravate my sad and weak little RA wrists and mixed them in so that there's never two days in a row that I have that much weight and pressure on my wrists.  Tomorrows doesn't use ANY weight on my wrists.  I believe this is a great start!

SMOOTHIES
I made a MANGO LASSIE (ALMOND MILK, MANGO, BANANA, CORIANDER, CINNAMON, AGAVE) for breakfast which actually lasted till nearly 3 pm. 

Then for the afternoon I made a GREEN SMOOTHIE (KALE, BANANA, WATER, DANDELION, CILANTRO, AGAVE) that lasted till after 7 pm as I just sipped on it all evening.

I feel GOOD going to bed not feeling bloated or uncomfortable.  And the weird thing is that not once did I feel hungry.