Wednesday, March 19, 2014

February 6, 2014 - Day Three

Good Morning, Good Morning, Good Morning!

Although yesterday I said I was feeling better already it was actually kinda an off day. Both my son and I were a tad bit on the grumpy side.  It's been cold outside and pretty gloomy with the sun hidden behind endless grey skies so I'm going to attribute our mood to the lack of sunlight.  As if we are plants :)

Today I did NOT want to get out of bed.

I'd gone to sleep with a headache last night that I'd assumed was from detox symptoms already.  You know, detoxing from the breads, dairy and America's favorite drug- WHITE SUGAR.  It was actually so bad that I couldn't fall asleep.  Well, the headache pain in combination with hearing about a longtime school friend's father's tragic death that I'd read on Facebook just after climbing into bed for the night.  Then, just as I thought I was falling asleep I got a text from my father about the accident.  So, after another half hour of pain in my head and then pain in my heart for my friend, I broke down and took a tramadol.  Which ended up possibly helping me fall asleep but I awoke with a headache again this morning so maybe it wasn't worth taking it at all.  I HATE taking prescription drugs.  I'm kinda disappointed in myself for even going to the doctor earlier in the month to get the prescription.  Then again, I was taking prescription pain pills anyway and they weren't even mine so I figured if I was going to take them I should get my own script. At least I only take a half or maybe a full one when I can't stand it anymore.  It's not like I take them all the time.

So, this morning, because of my headache, I did sleep in a little longer than normal.  So I was a bit rushed by the dogs wanting to go outside and that meant that I have not meditated or chanted yet today.  It's 4:12 already so I'll do both later tonight before bed.  But I did repeat the prayer "Help me to perform whatever miracles you want of me today" several times before the dogs got too rambunctious.

Starting tomorrow I've decided to start separate morning and evening prayers in addition to the meditation and chanting.

MORNING PRAYER
I've decided to dedicate every mornings prayer to my best friend who is fighting bone marrow cancer and the resulting leukemia the cancer created.  (After my own prayer about miracles.)

I met my dear friend a few years ago through a dating website for married people who want to have affairs.  Yep, you read that correctly.  Although we originally met for what we thought was to be a short time in our lives, we soon realized we were soul mates.  Let me clarify that.  We have such an intense FRIENDSHIP, such love and compassion and understanding of each other, that it's obvious, at least to me, that we have known each other in another lifetime.  Therefor, we are soul mates.  Not that we are destined to be lovers or anything like that, just that we recognized something so strong and pure and clear in each other that we've been best friends nearly from the very first phone call.  It's a friendship unlike any other I've ever had.  We just accept each other the way we are.  And, we're always honest with each other. 




Okay, onto YOGA!

Here is the routine I did three times today (plus a few extra moves from yesterday's just to stretch out some muscles I thought today's had missed).   I did notice almost immediately the intense use of my wrists again today.  I'm so glad that I didn't do any yesterday so that today my wrists were okay.

I love the whole idea of SUN SALUTATIONS!  I just only wished there were a sun out today that I could SEE!



Now for the SMOOTHIES!

I started the day as usual with my lemon, honey, cinnamon hot water followed by my upside-down coffee.  Then, of course, I did my yoga.   Then I made this smoothie

FRESH YOUNG TAHITIAN COCONUT WATER, FRESH PINEAPPLE, BANANA, CELERY LEAVES, DANDELION LEAVES, CILANTRO AND ONE KALE LEAF

I should have put ginger root in it but I forgot.  It was perfectly yummy as it was though and I could taste that slight saltiness of the celery which I definitely needed :)

Okay, for this afternoon's recipe I took the meat from the young Tahitian coconut I used from this morning and added it to the blender with enough water to make 4 cups of coconut (meat) milk.  Then I put half into a jar and put in the fridge to use tomorrow.  Then I made this smoothie

2 CUPS COCONUT (MEAT) MILK, 3 HUGE HANDFULS MIXED BABY ROMAINE, 1,000 MG EACH POWDERED SPIRULINA AND CHLORELLA, A BANANA AND 2 CUPS BLUEBERRIES WITH A HEAPING TABLESPOON CHIA SEEDS

And that's all for today :)  As mentioned at the beginning I plan on meditating, chanting and doing bedtime prayers tonight <3 a="" already.="" brighter="" feel="" honestly="" i="" nbsp="" outlook="" p="">