Wednesday, March 19, 2014

February 7, 8 and 9, 2014 - Days 4, 5 and 6

Well, so much for blogging every day.  But in all honesty it IS really difficult to blog with my husband in the house - and the man had 3 days off, so there went that.  I'll write up a quick recap as to the past 3 days then I'll get onto today.

Friday, Day 4
Friday was my husband's first of a three day weekend and we had planned the night before to go target practicing and hiking in the West Texas, Chihuahua Desert. You might think, hiking in the flat desert can't be that much exercise,  but you'd be wrong. At least where we go hiking.  South west of Fort Stockton it's not just flat, it has lots of very tall plateaus to hike up, down and around.   As a bonus, this time of year it's also very safe as the snakes are still hibernating. I'll skip all the details but I was feeling really terrific, we had a great time and the hike was intense.  I mean, my muscles and joints hurt for two full days after.  It felt wonderful :)

Backtracking to earlier that morning I've got to tell you that I had the most VIVID dream.  So vivid, so real,  that I could taste the warm sweet figs and feel the heartbreak at the end.  The dream was so memorable that after my morning routine of hot water, lemon, cinnamon and honey drink, the upside-down coffee and a shower, I went to my computer and started typing it up. It just flew from my fingers onto the page like I was just explaining what I'd seen in a movie.  I guess my dream wants to be a short story.  I'll keep you up on how it's going :)

After about an hour of writing I did some yoga and we headed off to go hiking. I'd made up a smoothie and had drank half of it and took the remainder with me to drink between shooting and hiking.  I can't really remember what was in it but I know it was a green smoothie.

I can't exactly remember what we did the rest of the day, probably just watched the Olympics.  I can't remember what smoothie I made in the evening but I know I made another one.  All in all I remember it being a great day, no issues with emotions or cravings or anything, just an awesome day all around.

Saturday, Day 5
I remember waking up in the middle of the night and feeling my joints to be quite sore and the RA to be a bit over the top.  I broke down and took half a Tramadol so that I could sleep. We'd had plans to go to a gun and ATV show in Odessa, about an hour and a half away but that morning I decided against it.  I slept in another hour or so after the guys left for the show around 8 am.

When I did wake up I, of course, followed what has become my morning routine of praying, "Help me to perform whatever miracles you want of me today" and I also prayed for my friend who has bone marrow cancer.  I then got up, made myself my hot water, lemon, cinnamon, honey drink, started my organic coffee on the stove and got back into bed.  While sipping my hot drink I chanted the Om Gum Ganapataya Namaha mantra 108 times after which I meditated.  Then I enjoyed my upside down coffee and showered.

The plan was to do my YOGA that morning but my joints were in pretty rough shape so I opted not to in order to let them rest from the several mile, UP AND DOWN ROCKY PLATEAU FACES, we'd done the day before.  Instead I made a SMOOTHIE

1,000 mg each of CHLORELLA AND SPIRUNILA along with 1/3 fresh PINEAPPLE, MACA POWDER AND A BANANA

Now here is the terrific part of my Saturday...  I took my just showered and still in a towel wrapped body along with my smoothie and went OUTSIDE :)  It was so warm and lovely that I took off my towel and laid naked in the sun on the back porch with the dogs.  You have no idea how wonderful it felt to have the sun warming up my skin and soothing my sore joints! It was pure heaven on earth (at least until someone in a maroon pickup started down our quarter mile - PRIVATE- driveway and spooked the dogs, which caused me to jump up naked to see who was coming up the drive.  I've little doubt they saw me. Oh well, that's what they get for driving past a "PRIVATE PROPERTY" sign and over a cattle guard.)  Overall though, that sun bath really boosted how I was feeling physically, mentally and emotionally.  It was like a shot of pure happiness that lasted throughout the day.

After the beautiful sun bath and getting dressed I brought out my sewing machine and started working on a skirt I'd cut the pieces for over a year before.   I was really wanting something to eat or drink but I was completely out of food so I opted to drink about 20 oz of my own brewed blueberry mint kombucha.

When the guys came back from Odessa they brought me three HUGE boxes of Organic Power Greens and two full bags of frozen organic fruit plus a whole bag or organic bananas for my smoothies :)  I know I made a small smoothie then but I can't for the life of me remember what it was but it was just like a cup full as the kombucha really curbs my appetite.

Sunday, Day 6
First thing I noticed this morning was the number on the scale.  In five days I had lost...

10 POUNDS!

I am now down to 190 pounds, YEA ME!

When I first moved to West Texas in July of 2012, I weighted approximately 165-8 and was feeling pretty invincible.  My RA was under control, I was walking anywhere between 2.5 to 5 miles a day and was doing one of the following dvd workouts by Jillian Michaels (30 Day Shred, Shred-It with Weights, 6 Week Six-Pack).  Now, I wasn't in great shape by any definition of the word, but I had been exercising religiously for several months and had not only leveled up from beginner to stage two but was getting pretty good at that level as well.  I was in pretty much the best physical shape I'd been in for several years.  Oh, I may have still weighted quite a bit more than I had when I did at the peak of being raw, but I was lifting weights daily, taking care of a dozen horses at our breeding ranch and caring for 2 teenagers and packing up an entire house and ranch by myself, so the amount of muscle I had the summer of 2012 was much more than the summer of 2008 when I only weighed 145-150.  I remember wishing everyday that if I could just lose another 10 pounds,  I could fit into the clothes that I'd held onto from my high raw vegan days. Now I wish I'd just stayed at the weight and size I was and never lost my muscle and my will and gained all this fat and emotional baggage.

Anyway, after my entire morning routine of prayer, meditation, chanting, lemon drink, enema and shower I was feeling pretty awesome and made a SMOOTHIE

1.5 CUPS WATER, 3 LG HANDFULS POWER GREENS (baby Kale, Spinach, Beet Greens and Arugula), HALF A BAG OF CRANBERRIES AND A BANANA - OH AND 3 DATES CUZ IT WAS REALLY BITTER WITHOUT THEM

I then fixed the guys a big batch of french toast which I swear they in haled as I went outside to check on the horses water. We spent a good portion of the morning and early afternoon outside on the front porch listening to music and I painted a rock, that I'd picked up on a previous hiking trip, with the sacred geometry "tree of life" design. After the bees started getting too much for us we headed inside and started watching the Olympics.

I made a small SMOOTHIE of MANGO LASSIE with A PACKAGE MANGOS, BANANA, MACA, TBSP COCONUT MANA, 3 DATES AND WATER. 

After a few hours I noticed myself getting a minor headache and feeling not so great and I tried to ignore it.  Then my family wanted an early dinner (as I hadn't fixed them lunch) so I fixed spaghetti with creamed tomato sauce, spinach and Parmesan, an of course, their hamburger.  I've got to be honest, when I was making it I wasn't the slightest interested in it.  As my family was eating I had a nice long phone call with my sister and completely forgot about the spaghetti.

It was at this point I made another small SMOOTHIE

3 HANDFULS POWER GREENS AND A BAG OF BLUEBERRIES and WATER

About halfway through this VERY green and bitter smoothie I started feeling like I wanted to cry. I had been feeling very raw and emotional the past few hours but had tried to keep my focus on the athletes on TV.  Eventually it got a bit more than I could just ignore so  I decided to "feel" my way into figuring out why I wanted to cry.  Then I realized it was the smell of the spaghetti mixed with several hours of watching television with all the food and restaurant advertisements.  I realized that my stomach was growling and I was feeling seriously hungry for the first time since starting this reset.  It was all I could do not to eat something, anything.  I did drink a cup of kombucha in hopes that it was curb my hunger pangs.  Eventually I made a cup of Sleepytime tea and went to bed feeling a little bit better although still quite emotional.